U.S. troops serving in Iraq and Afghanistan wanted to maximize "onbody cargo" carrying capacity. They also needed to be able to quickly and easily remove the carried load from their body armor.
The OVER-ARMOR™ Vest is a load-bearing vest that slips on over standard body armor systems and can be removed just as easily. Its unique wrap-around design increases cargo capacity, offering 50 percent more mounting space than conventional systems and enabling troops to better balance the load.
- Four simple adjustment points allow the OVER-ARMOR Vest to fit over all existing U.S. Military body armor systems.
- Made of 1000 D. Cordura fabric.
- Large hook-and-loop frontal panels to accommodate name rank and insignia.
- Numerous GRID-LOK loops to offer maximum flexibility in attaching pouches and mission-specific gear.
- Stitched with high tenacity nylon thread and webbing, and has a YKK # 10 “self-healing” coil zipper.
- Redundant stitching and bar-tack reinforcements provide extra durability.
- Weapons mounting points using welded D-rings ensure secure weapons attachment and instant access.
- Backed by Spec.-Ops. Unique Lifetime Guarantee.