Army Combat Uniform trouser constructed to military specification GL/PD 07-14 with Defender™ M, a flame-resistant, combat fabric used by the U.S. Army and U.S. Marine Corps. Exceeds ASTM D 6413-99 flame resistance standards. This ACU coat self-extinguishes and will not melt or drip. Contains Lenzing FR® which absorbs and evaporates perspiration faster for maximum comfort. Excellent durability and resistance to wear, tear and fading. Includes square marker on the left sleeve to identify a fire-resistant garment in the operational theater.
Assembled at Propper plants in the Dominican Republic.
• Sewn to military specification FQ/PD 07-14A
• Tencate Defender™ M with Lenzing FR® is flame-resistant, fast-drying and comfortable
• Exceeds ASTM D 6413-99 flame resistant standards
• Fade, shrink and wrinkle resistant
• NIR compliant
• Felled inseams, outseams and seat seams
• Drawstring waist for quick and secure fit
• Reinforced seat
• Button fly
• Eight-pocket design
• Two tilted cargo pockets with button flaps
• Two shin-high cargo pockets with Hook and loop closure
• Two back pockets with button flaps
• External openings for knee pads with Hook and loop closure
• Drain holes in bellowed pockets
• Durable drawstring leg closures
• Approved for active duty use in Afghanistan by the U.S. Army (OEF OCP - MultiCam®)
• Features square marker on cargo pocket to identify garment as fire-resistant
NEAR INFRARED COMPLIANCE
Near Infrared (NIR) Signature Management Technology is used by the U.S. Department of Defense to prevent detection by NIR Image Converters. These photocathode devices do not detect temperatures, but rather infrared radiation variances. NIR-compliant uniforms use a special fabric that allows soldiers to appear at the same radiation level as the surrounding terrain, thus making them more difficult to detect.
To ensure that our military personnel avoid any danger connected to the use of uniforms, Propper now clearly labels products that are approved for military operations. Similarly, products without NIR technology based on the Army Combat Uniform (ACU) design or other product using the Universal Pattern are also labeled accordingly to prevent any error in purchasing. Look for these symbols on product images to ensure you are buying appropriate garments for your business.
TENCATE™ DEFENDER™ M sets the standard for flame protective military combat uniforms. It is the new flame-resistant military combat fabric of both the United States Army and United States Marine Corps. Engineered with patented technology, DEFENDER M not only provides exceptional protection from flame and heat. It is also as comfortable and durable as the most tried and proven nylon/cotton military fabrics.
- Protection— Self-extinguishes and will not melt or drip. These FR properties are inherent in the fabric, so they will not wash or wear out. Provides protection equivalent to more expensive flame-resistant fabrics.
- Comfortable — Lightweight, breathable Lenzing FR® absorbs perspiration faster, keeping you cooler.
- Durability — Excellent resistance to wear, tear and fading combine to provide a long useful garment life.
| || |
Approved for Military Operations
| ||Non-Compliant Garment|
Not Intended for Military Operations